The Repair Before & After Spotlight Series
My Jewelry Repair aims to provide our customers with the highest caliber of jewelry and watch repair all from the comfort of their home. The Before & After Series spotlights some of the best work our Master Craftsmen have done!
Laser Engraved Omega Watch Dial Restoration
We’re back with another collaboration with our authorized service partner, Kirk Rich Dial Co. and for those who’ve seen our past work with them, you already know that dial refinishing services provide some of the most visually pleasing restorations. For this restoration, our teams brought an Omega Watch Dial back to its pristine condition by the specific requests of its owner.
For this complete watch dial restoration, we had to:
- Perform a free professional evaluation after noting what the customer requested for the repair
- Note that although we are an online jewelry and watch repair company, we can only provide evaluations when our skilled craftsmen can physically assess them in person at our secure facility
- Remove all the surface-level tarnish using an alcohol-based solution
- Brush off all remaining tarnish and patterns from the dial with cleaning solution
- Polish the dial, smooth it out on special sandpaper, and correct its bent shape
- Apply metal plating on the entire dial
- Professionally apply sunray pattern
- Coat the dial in finish and let dry
- Create a new die template using software and print it out using our Laser Engraving Machine
- Stamp on the appropriate dial pattern using the newly made template
- Dry under a heat lamp and add finishing touches per customer request (not shown)
And voila! This Omega Watch Dial was professionally restored back to its pristine condition!
In the case that you have a sentimental or heirloom dial or entire timepiece that needs a restoration such as this one, send it our way. We may feature your repair in our Before & After series for its next spotlight!
And if you would like to take a look at the entire restoration process for this particular watch, take a look at their YouTube feature below! We showcase its disassembly, complete dial restoration by Kirk Rich Dial Co.
Like the results of this repair? Leave a comment!
That’s All Folks!
Thank you for taking the time to visit the latest addition to our Before and After Series! Don’t worry, we will be showcasing many more of our major transformations very soon.
My Jewelry Repair
Before & After #152